A new vacancy has been created for the position of Dispensing Assistant to be based in our Inverurie Practice (32 hours per week; 4 days including a Saturday). The role on offer focuses on providing excellent patient care and will typically involve the following duties:
- Making recommendations to and advising patients on spectacle lens and spectacle frame options following their eye test with the resident Optometrist.
- Carrying out basic repairs to spectacle frames.
- Adjusting new and previously dispensed spectacle frames to ensure the most comfortable fit for patients.
- Assisting patients with queries relating to every aspect of wearing spectacles and contact lenses.
- Being the first point of contact for patients in the practice, face to face and over the telephone.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Giving patients demonstrations on how to insert and remove contact lenses.
-Assist customers in finding glasses which fit well and asking appropriate questions to ascertain suitability for their lifestyle.
-Measure and fit lenses to customer specifications.
- Processing deliveries and collections of stock.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the practice is clean, tidy and presentable.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Previous experience in an Optical Assistant/Dispensing role is desirable but not essential it is preferred.
Duncan and Todd Opticians Group offers a fast paced, dynamic working environment so we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. In return we offer competitive pay and benefits and a supportive environment in which to develop your Dispensing skills and knowledge.
See all vacancies