A vacancy has come up for the position of Optical Assistant to be based in our Mannofield practice. The role on offer focuses on providing excellent patient care and will typically involve the following duties:
- Carrying out basic repairs to spectacle frames.
- Adjusting new and previously dispensed spectacle frames to ensure the most comfortable fit for patients.
- Being the first point of contact for patients in the practice, face to face and over the telephone.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Processing deliveries and collections of stock.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the practice is clean, tidy and presentable.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Previous experience in an Optical Assistant/Dispensing role is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Duncan and Todd Opticians Group offers a fast paced, dynamic working environment so we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. In return we offer competitive pay and benefits and a supportive environment in which to develop your Dispensing skills and knowledge.
See all vacancies