We are currently recruiting for an Optical Assistant to join our JM MacDonald practice in Portree, Isle of Skye on a part time basis. Working 30 hours per week over the course of 5 days from Monday - Saturday.
Our Optical Assistants are the first point of contact for the patients and customers in our busy Practices.
This varied role comes with a wide range of responsibilities including the following:
- Handling all patient queries coming into the practice via telephone, email or in person. Assisting where able and directing inquiries to the most appropriate staff member.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Assisting patients on the practice floor with frame and lens selection.
- Giving patients demonstrations on how to insert and remove contact lenses.
- Processing invoices.
- Processing deliveries and collections of stock.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the practice is clean, tidy and presentable.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
We offer a fast paced and dynamic working environment and we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. Previous experience of working in an opticians practice is not essential as full training will be provided.
As a company we are able to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced sick pay
- Generous staff discount for yourself, family and friends
- The opportunity to work for a company that cares.
- Access to high street discounts and other benefits through the Company employee benefits portal
See all vacancies