Duncan & Todd Group is one of the leading optical and hearing care providers based in Scotland. In operation for over 40 years, our brands include: Duncan and Todd, 2020, Douglas Dickie, JM Macdonald, James Hughes, Browns, IC Andrew, and Smart Employee Eyecare.
The role on offer focuses on providing excellent patient care and Qualification to FBDO level is preferred but not essential. The role is 37.5 hours a week over 5 days from Monday to Saturday.
Typical duties will involve:
- Taking full responsibility for the success and day to day running of the practice including management of staff, stock and the premises.
- Assisting patients with queries relating to every aspect of wearing spectacles and contact lenses. Resolving queries with a desire to build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Motivating, driving and leading the team to deliver excellent patient care.
- Training, coaching and appraising the Practice Team, disseminating knowledge and ensuring a solid succession plan is in place and that internal promotion is actively encouraged.
- Making recommendations to and advising patients on spectacle lens and spectacle frame options following their eye test with the resident Optometrist.
- Working in cooperation with Head Office Departments to ensure that professional & clinical standards are maintained at all times.
- Being a point of contact for patients in the practice, leading by example at all times.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
Duncan and Todd offers a fast paced, dynamic working environment so we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. In return we offer competitive pay and benefits and a supportive environment in which to develop your Management skills and knowledge.
As a company, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 34 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- 2 x 100% off discount vouchers for spectacles, sunglasses or annual supply of contact lenses per calendar year + generous discount for family and friends
- Access to high street discounts and other benefits through the Company employee benefits portal
- The opportunity to work for a company that cares.
Having previous experience within the same or similar role is not essential, we are open to considering both trained and untrained applicants.
See all vacancies