The role on offer focuses on providing excellent patient care and Qualification to FBDO level is preferred. The role is to work 37.5 hours, 5 days per week over the course of Monday to Sunday.
Typical duties will involve:
- Taking full responsibility for the success and day to day running of the practice including management of staff, stock and the premises.
- Assisting patients with queries relating to every aspect of wearing spectacles and contact lenses. Resolving queries with a desire to build and maintain good customer relationships.
- Motivating, driving and leading the team to deliver excellent patient care.
- Training, coaching and appraising the Practice Team, disseminating knowledge and ensuring a solid succession plan is in place and that internal promotion is actively encouraged.
- Making recommendations to and advising patients on spectacle lens and spectacle frame options following their eye test with the resident Optometrist.
- Working in cooperation with Head Office Departments to ensure that professional & clinical standards are maintained at all times.
- Being a point of contact for patients in the practice, leading by example at all times.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
Duncan and Todd offers a fast paced, dynamic working environment so we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. In return we offer competitive pay and benefits and a supportive environment in which to develop your Management skills and knowledge.
As a company we are able to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced sick pay
- Generous staff discount for yourself, family and friends
- Access to high street discounts & employee assistance programme through the Company employee benefits portal
- The opportunity to work for a company that cares
- On site car parking is available
See all vacancies