Optical Assistant - Wilson Street, Glasgow
2020 Opticians · Wilson Street, Glasgow
Duncan & Todd Group is one of the leading optical and hearing care providers based in Scotland. In operation for over 40 years, our brands include: Duncan and Todd, 2020, Douglas Dickie, JM Macdonald, James Hughes, Browns, IC Andrew, and Smart Employee Eyecare.
We are currently recruiting for an Optical Assistant/ Dispenser to join our 2020 Opticians & Hearing Care practice in Wilson Street, Glasgow on a full time basis working 39.5 hours over 5 days from 7 days.
The role comes with a wide range of responsibilities including the following:
- Stock Control/replacement
- Contact Lens Teaching
- Frame adjustments
- Performing clinical screening test
- Minor admin work
- Excellent customer service
- Good optical knowledge and experience
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
We offer a fast paced and dynamic working environment and we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. Previous experience of working in an opticians practice is not essential as full training will be provided.
As a company, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced sick pay
- 2 free pairs of spectacles per year & generous discount for your family & friends
- Access to high street discounts and other benefits through the Company employee benefits portal
- The opportunity to work for a company that cares.
Having previous experience within the same or similar role is not essential, we are open to considering both trained and untrained applicants.
If you have any queries about our vacancies please reach out to a member of the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click below: