Optical Assistant (Reception)
Duncan and Todd · 37 Belmont Street, Aberdeen
Duncan & Todd Group is one of the leading optical and hearing care providers based in Scotland. In operation for over 50 years, our brands include: Duncan and Todd, 2020, Douglas Dickie, JM Macdonald, James Hughes, Browns, IC Andrew, Smart Employee Eyecare and Caledonian Optical.
We are currently recruiting for an Optical Assistant to join our Duncan & Todd Opticians & Hearing Care practice on Belmont Street, Aberdeen, on a full time basis working 22.5 hours a week over 3 days from Mon-Sat.
Our Optical Assistants are the first point of contact for the patients and customers in our busy practices and this varied role comes with a wide range of responsibilities including the following:
- Handling all patient queries coming into the practice via telephone, email or in person. Assisting where able and directing inquiries to the most appropriate staff member.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Assisting patients on the practice floor with frame selection.
- Processing invoices.
- Processing deliveries and collections of stock.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the practice is clean, tidy and presentable.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
We offer a fast paced and dynamic working environment and we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. Previous experience of working in an opticians practice is not essential as full training can be provided.
As a company, the D&T Group offer:
- Competitive salary
- 29 days annual leave (full time equivalent) inclusive of public holidays
- 2 x 100% off vouchers per year for staff to be used either on glasses, sunglasses or an annual supply of contact lenses + 6 x 50% off vouchers for family & friends
- 1 x 30% off voucher per year for staff to bused on Hearing Aids + 2 x 20% off vouchers for family and friends
- High Street Vouchers: Discounts for high street shops, supermarkets, restaurants and cinemas through our partner discount platform.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Comprehensive support for all employees from our partners, Care First
- The opportunity to work for a company that cares.
To apply, please click below: