Optometrist - Commercial Street, Dundee
Duncan and Todd · Commercial Street, Dundee
Duncan & Todd Group is one of the leading optical and hearing care providers based in Scotland. In operation for over 40 years, our brands include: Duncan and Todd, 2020, Douglas Dickie, JM Macdonald, James Hughes, Browns, IC Andrew, and Smart Employee Eyecare.
We are currently recruiting for an Optometrist to work at our Duncan & Todd Opticians and Hearing Care practice in Commercial Street, Dundee. We are open to applications from both full and part time applications.
The Commercial Street practice is located in Dundee city centre a 5 minute walk from the bus station and 10 minute walk from the train station. In addition to this, there is a a bus stop outside the front door and a nearby multi storey car park.
The practice has 2 optical test rooms as well as an audiology test room. Whilst the practice does not yet have an OCT, it does benefit from a Phoropter and Topographer.
The practice has consistent opening hours - so no late nights and no Sunday working! The team describe themselves as welcoming, professional and helpful - a great mix! Finally, the practice stocks high end frames along with D&T's core range, it is easily accessible and nicely decorated so is a comfortable environment to work in.
If you are looking for an opportunity to progress your Optometry career and have real ownership over how you practice Optometry, then this could be a great opportunity for you. You will be highly organised with an aptitude for balancing both the clinical and commercial aspects of the Optometrist's role in practice and also be keen to work with the Practice Managers and Practice Team to grow and build on the practice's existing success.
As a Company, the D&T Group offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 30-40 minute testing times
- Performance based practice bonus
- Up to date designer frames
- High quality Scottish made lenses in our Caledonian Optical Laboratory
- Flexible working hours with minimal late nights and weekends
- 2 x 100% off discount vouchers for spectacles, sunglasses or annual supply of contact lenses per calendar year + generous discounts for family and friends
- GOC registration and FODO cover paid
- 34 days annual leave inclusive of public holidays
- Access to high street discounts and other benefits through the Company employee benefits portal
- Career advancement opportunities
- Being part of a company that cares
The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is passionate about Optometry, really cares for their patients and wishes to endeavour to provide the highest level of primary care.
If you have any queries about our vacancies please reach out to a member of the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click below: