Optical Assistant- Wick
Duncan and Todd · Wick
Duncan & Todd Group is one of the leading optical and hearing care providers based in Scotland. In operation for over 40 years, our brands include: Duncan and Todd, 2020, Douglas Dickie, JM Macdonald, James Hughes, Browns, IC Andrew, and Smart Employee Eyecare.
We are currently recruiting for an Optical Assistant to join our team in Wick, on a fulltime basis working 37.5 hours per week over 5 days from Monday - Saturday. We are considering part time candidates for this position.
Our Optical Assistants are the first point of contact for the patients and customers in our busy practices and this varied role comes with a wide range of responsibilities including the following:
- Handling all patient queries coming into the practice via telephone, email or in person. Assisting where able and directing inquiries to the most appropriate staff member.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Assisting patients on the practice floor with frame and lens selection.
- Giving patients demonstrations on how to insert and remove contact lenses.
- Processing invoices.
- Processing deliveries and collections of stock.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the practice is clean, tidy and presentable.
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required.
We offer a fast paced and dynamic working environment and we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. Previous experience of working in an opticians practice is not essential as full training can be provided.
As a company, the D&T Group offer:
- Competitive salary
- 29 days annual leave (full time equivalent) inclusive of public holidays
- Staff Discount including; 2 x 100% off discount vouchers for spectacles, sunglasses or annual supply of contact lenses per calendar year + generous discount for family and friends
- High Street Vouchers: Discounts for high street shops, supermarkets, restaurants and cinemas through our partner discount platfom
- Employee Assistance Programme: Comprehensive support for all employees from our partners, Care First
- The opportunity to work for a company that cares.
To apply please email a copy of your CV and cover letter detailing the position you are applying for and the location.